Hair loss, which starts due to various factors such as genetic factors, drugs, various diseases, malnutrition, age, and gender, is a serious problem, especially for young men. Hair transplantation treatments are shown as the definitive solution to problems such as hair loss and baldness, whether due to a genetic problem or aesthetically.
Hair transplant treatments are done with many methods today. Among these methods, the oldest method is the follicular unit transplantation know as the FUT method, the most popular is the follicular unit extraction known as the FUE method, and the most technological and newest method is the direct hair implementation known as the DHI method. However, we will examine the advantages of FUE, which is the most popular method in this text.
Follicular unit extraction—The FUE method is done with surgeons extract each hair follicle from the donor area where usually the back of your head, and transplant extracted hair follicles to the recipient area that bald or thinning hair site.
Advantages of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- The FUE doesn’t damage the scalp as tissue is not taken from the donor area.
- Due to the grafts are taken from the back of the patient’s head, it can be applied to areas such as the mustache, beard, and eyebrows.
- The most important advantage of FUE is that there are no cuts or stitch marks in the area where the hair follicles are taken. The incisions are smaller than 1 mm and they close after a few days and recover in a short time.
- Each graft has 1 to 3 hair follicles. Therefore, each graft will grow as 2 or 2.5 strands of hair. Thus, It provides the opportunity to transplant nearly 60 hair follicles per square centimeter, depending on the number of grafts provided and the area to be transplanted.
- The FUE hair transplantation is more preferred due to the mild and painless recovery of the post-operative process and recovery in a short time.
All in all, hair loss can be an annoying problem especially at young ages, but there are several types of hair transplant techniques that treat hair loss or baldness problems. The FUE is the most popular and the most preferred technique among these techniques because the FUE is a more technological technique than the FUT and a cheaper technique than the DHI. So, if you consider a hair transplant, or if you want to learn more information about hair transplant techniques, you can keep following our blog, or you can contact us by filling out the form.